University of Pretoria (UP): Veterinary Internships 2022 / 2023
University of Pretoria (UP) is inviting South African unemployed graduates to apply for the Veterinary Graduate / Internship Programme 2022 / 2023.
Internship Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Internship Closing Date: 21 September 2022
The successful candidate will participate in the following areas;
- The successful candidate will actively participate in the following areas:
- Participate in the clinical training of undergraduate veterinary and veterinary nursing students, including supervision of clinical procedures as part of offering clinical services
- Provide a clinical service with associated administrative responsibilities within several sections of the Onderstepoort Veterinary Academic Hospital (OVAH) under the mentorship of Faculty Specialists
- Have an opportunity to participate in clinical rounds and other research activities as an introduction to the research requirements of the MMedVet programme
- Participate in an intern mentorship programme, designed to support non-clinical development as a prospective specialist.
- Participate in after-hours work (weekdays and weekends) and/or community clinical activities on a rotational basis for exposure to community, trauma and emergency medicine at the OVAH and/or satellite facilities
Requirements you need to apply for Internships 2022 / 2023
- BVSc-degree or BVMCh or equivalent professional veterinary qualification
- Registration as a veterinarian with the SAVC
- Acknowledged clinical expertise
- Adequate subject knowledge is necessary for the post.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Behavioural attributes
- Appropriate language and communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills (Windows, MS Office, internet)
- After-hours availability.
Added advantages and preferences
Commitment to further academic development.
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be R300,108 per annum
How to apply for Internships 2022 / 2023
Note: When applying for this post, please attach:
- Letter indicating your order of clinic preference
- A comprehensive CV
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.