The BBD Graduate Programme 2022 / 2023
BBD Software developers is inviting South African graduates to apply for The BBD Grad Programme 2022 / 2023
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Application Closing Date: 28 February 2023
About our Company
BBD is an international software solutions company that solves real-world problems with innovative services and modern technology stacks. Our experience spans the education, financial services, gaming, insurance, telecoms and public sectors.
We maintain our track record by using our vast business domain knowledge and world-class skills to successfully deliver digital solutions to client organisations.
Our relaxed yet professional work environment extends to our flat management structure.
Being a part of BBD means working on dynamic project teams, and learning on the job alongside the best senior software engineers while pursuing your own career growth through our Continuous Learning Programme.
About our Programme
The BBD Graduate Programme lets you bridge the gap between what you’ve learnt at university and what you need to flourish in the IT industry.
As a BBD grad, you’ll gain real project experience from the very first week and build your technical knowledge through exposure to a wide range of technologies and methodologies.
You’ll learn first-hand how to break and fix things, all the while working hard and having fun alongside your senior mentors and your graduate class. Our graduates tell us they learn more in their first 8 weeks at BBD than they did throughout their university studies so the pace is as fast as you can handle.
What we are looking for in our Grads
- We are looking for passionate and newly qualified grads with a Diploma / Bachelors / Honours / Masters / Doctorate degree in BSc / BEng / BCom / BIT majoring in Computer Science, Computer and Software Engineering, Information Technology or Informatics.
- Passion for technology is not always wrapped up in a degree and if you have a portfolio of technology work you have completed that you can demonstrate to us you may also be considered.
- If you have a vision for how software can solve daily problems, make the world around us a better place and have actually tried to do something about it then you’re definitely who we are looking for.
Requirements you need to apply for a BBD Grad Programme
- You have to be immersed in and have engaged with, technology/coding over and above your formal education
- You have to be passionate about building software and creatively solving issues and bugs
- You must be a newly qualified graduate at a recognised university
- You must have a high academic average
How to apply for a BBD Grad Programme
- Your updated CV
- A copy of your ID
- A copy of your latest transcripts, results, or Matric certificate
- A link to personal code projects on GitHub or similar (if you have)
- Application process:
- Upload CV onto the BBD careers portal
- If the profile meets our criteria, instructions for a software engineering technical challenge will be sent to you. The link is valid for 14 days
- Once completed, the test will be reviewed through a marking process
- If successful, a virtual interview will be set up
- If successful after the interview, an offer will be made
Please Note: By applying for this position, you understand, consent to, and agree that BBD may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/ or SAPS (concerning positions that require trust and honesty and/ or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify your educational qualifications and employment history.