2023 KwaZulu-Natal Department of Sport, Arts and Culture Bursaries
KwaZulu-Natal Department of Sport, Arts and Culture is inviting students to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
The Bursary Application Closing Date: 12 November 2022
The KwaZulu-Natal Government is offering bursaries to students who are residents of KwaZulu-Natal interested in pursuing a tertiary qualification in the fields of the study indicated below:
- National Diploma: Jewellery Design
- National Diploma: Video Technology
- Bachelor of Arts: Film & Television Production
- Bachelor’s degree: Motion Picture Medium
- National Diploma: Translation & Interpreting Practice
- Post Graduate Diploma: Archives & Records Management
- Post Graduate Diploma/ Honours Degree: Museum Studies (Majors in Restoration & Conservation)
Requirements you need to apply
- You have to be a residence of the KwaZulu-Natal Province
- Youth in possession of a matric/grade 12 certificate, between the ages of 18-35 years.
- Students in possession of an acceptance/provisional acceptance letter from a public institution of higher learning and willing to study in fields as indicated in this advert.
- Students who are currently studying towards qualifications indicated in this advert.
How to Apply for the Bursary
Bursary application form (this is obtainable at the Operation Sukuma Sakhe War Rooms, Department of Education District Offices and Student Funding Office at Institutions of higher learning, Website of Provincial Departments, Provincial Government Facebook).
Note: Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Certified Copies of the Identity document (ID) including your parents’ ID and /or your guardians’ ID/ death certificate where applicable.
- Certified copy of Matric certificate and current statement of results if already studying.
- Proof of income and expenditure statement of either parent/legal guardian must be provided or a letter from the Department of Labour stating that they are unemployed (payslip, pension receipt or bank statement).
- Proof of registration/ acceptance letter from the institution of higher learning/ Proof of CAO application.
- Proof of unemployment from the Department of Labour for both parents if they are unemployed/ Affidavit.
- Proof of Residence
- It is recommended that those who have profiling certificates submit a certified copy.
Post application to:
The Bursary Unit, Department of Sport, Arts and Culture,
171 Boshoff Street, PIETERMARITZBURG,
Private Bag X 9140,
It is the responsibility of the student to seek admission with a tertiary institution and accommodation within the University residence. Successful applicants will enter into a contract for a number of years equivalent to the duration of their period of study.
a)The bursary is for full-time study at a public institution and covers tuition fees, meals or stipends, accommodation, and prescribed textbooks where necessary.
b) Obligation: A bursar will be required to serve the relevant Provincial Department for the same number of years specified in the Bursary Contract unless stated otherwise. It must be stressed that funds are limited and there is no guarantee that all applicants will be successful.
c) Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 4 months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. d) Preference will be given to students who will pursue studies at institutions within the KZN Province.
e) Youth with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.