2023 Jobs At Unilever: Africa Collaborative Manufacturing Capabilities Lead
Unilever is inviting South African youths to apply for the Africa Collaborative Manufacturing Capabilities Lead job.
Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
Closing Date: Not Specified
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job
The Collaborative Manufacturing Capabilities Lead as a member of the SC CM team for Africa is responsible for combining supply chain, technology, manufacturing, and product knowledge with financial acumen to develop a Collaborative Manufacturing strategy for Africa.
The strategy developed will move Africa beyond using CM’s for tactical purposes, and leveraging CM’s to create a competitive advantage to drive Value.
- Development of the cross-category CM Manufacturing strategy:
- Interface with key PG/MCO stakeholders in defining business needs/strategy.
- The strategy will proactively identify opportunities to improve gross margin, identify the capacity required to achieve service levels goals, and unlock innovation capability.
- Business partner functional stakeholders (PG, R&D, Finance, etc) for cross Business Group needs as related to CM sourcing activity.
- Support Product Group & Sourcing Unit teams to conduct Portfolio Segmentation Analysis in order to identify opportunities to drive Overall improved Business Value.
- Partner with Product Groups & R&D teams in order to identify Next Generation Capability Road Map.
- Partner with Product Group & Import teams to identify & evaluate Localisation Opportunities.
- Develop Advanced CM playbooks, Way of Working and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to be rolled out to CM Operational teams via training platforms. Ensure these playbooks, WoW’s & SOPs are maintained with changing environments and cascaded accordingly.
- Single point of contact for Africa as an expert for CM business. Define and develop the end-to-end processes and Governance framework for Collaborative Manufacturing. Custodian to ensure governance is followed through with regular audits and checks.
- Develop and Maintain a CM Landscape Mapping to support resilience, agility, and reactive/responsive requirement.
- Develop and manage digital platforms for CM reporting, supplier base, and product catalogs
- CM External benchmarking and specialist skills deployment in Africa
- Support in the development of CM P&L development to track financial progress and identify hotspots requiring action from CM operational teams, Product Groups, and/or CCBTs.
- Develop & Drive Africa CM Savings program. Ensure the saving programs are landed in each cluster and rigor in the development and execution of such.
- Excellent understanding of an integrated supply chain network.
- Excellent understanding of financial drivers, including make or buy analysis and decision making
- Strong Customer Service orientation
- Strong interpersonal skills and team commitment
- Excellent team-working and networking skills
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organisation
- Ability to work well with a team of diverse staff
- Ability to work with peers and demonstrate the lateral influence
- Sound understanding of technical areas
- Good at managing customer expectationsManaging and delivering service through strategic partners
- Good knowledge of Unilever’s business and processes
- 3+years experience in Overall SC, Technology, Engineering, R&D processing, or Manufacturing role
- Wider Unilever functional experience with at least 2 roles in a wider function (e.g. Source, Make, Plan, Deliver, or Finance)
- Proven experience in technology evaluation and delivering business needs
- Experience in Excel & Power Bi
- In-depth commercial knowledge
- Good project management skills
- Previous experience is in SC studies and\ or business modeling.
- SAP Experience
(The minimum requirement from the job skills profile should be described, including degrees/qualifications preferred.)
- A relevant degree in commerce, engineering, or supply chain field.
- A Financial Experience / Diploma will be an advantage
- Experience in FMCG supply chain
- Demonstrated commercial acumen
- Cross-functional business process knowledge
How to apply
- More than 3+years experience in SC, Technology, Engineering, R&D processing, or Manufacturing role
- Experience as a business analyst or business consulting advantage
- Demonstrated track record of working on complex problem solving, tight deadlines with quick turnaround times.